SAGE MARKANDEYA translated by LYNDAL VERCOE
When you read this Devi Mahatmyam, you will feel the joy, the power and the wonder of the Divine Mother. At its simplest level, the Devi Mahatmyam is the battle between good and evil. But on that battlefield, the majesty of the Mother Goddess should not be underestimated. She does not wage wars with the aid of grand armies or divine allies. She alone is the source and the strength.
In a new translation of this sacred text, Lyndal Vercoe offers a direct and devotional rendering.
This is not just a description of Divine Power. It is a worship and a praise of God as the Mother of the Universe. Say those words to yourself and feel their meaning: the Mother of the Universe. This is not just a historical text. This is a prayer to be read aloud. It is an epic poem, a true song of praise that should echo through the days of our lives. Listen carefully and you will feel the spirit within. This is a Devi Mahatmyam for our time.
• The paperback is available at Lulu Books, Abe Books, Alibris, Barnes & Noble, Biblio, Blackwell, Buecher, Foyles, most Amazon stores and other online book sellers.
• The ePub ebook is available at Lulu Books, Smashwords, Apple Books, Amazon, Angus & Robertson, Barnes & Noble, Bol.de, Indigo, Kobo, Mondadori, Scribd, Thalia, Walmart and other online stores.
• The Kindle ebook is available at most Amazon stores.
DCB BOOK 2 (DCB002-DM)
• PAPERBACK: ISBN 978-0-359-98061-1 • 6 x 9 inches (15.24 x 22.86 centimetres) • 89 numbered pages (106 total pages) • .21 kilograms
• EPUB EBOOK: ISBN 978-0-359-76780-9 • 131.56 kilobytes
• KINDLE EBOOK: 574 kilobytes